Each year MDMD invites someone with specific experience or knowledge of right-to-die issues to share their views in a lecture held in central London. Summaries of lectures are available from the links below.
- 2016 ‘Advance Decisions, Advance Statements, and Policies around Assisted Dying in England + Wales‘ Professor Celia Kitzinger, York University and Advance Decisions Assistance
- 2015 ‘When is a Life Complete? What Next?‘ Phil Cheatle, recently appointed Coordinator of SOARS (now MDMD)
- 2014 ‘The Belgian Model of Integral End-of-Life Care‘, Professor Jan Bernheim, Emeritus Professor at the Vrije University in Brussels, a medical oncologist who has been at the forefront of the development of the palliative care movement and voluntary euthanasia in Belgium.
- 2013 ‘Dying Assistance for the Elderly in The Netherlands – an historical and ideological analysis‘, Dr. Rob Jonquiere, Communications Director of the World Federation of Right to Die Societies, retired Dutch physician, and former CEO of NVVE (the main right to die society in The Netherlands).
- 2012‘To Live with Dignity, To Die with Dignity‘, Silvan Luley, Dignitas Switzerland.
- 2011 ‘Personal Views on Life, Old Age, Death and other Mysteries‘, Virginia Ironside, author and journalist.
- 2010 ‘Easeful Death for the Very Elderly‘, Lady Mary Warnock, distinguished educator and moral philosopher.